Writing papers is at the heart of our craft as CHI researchers. Knowing what reviewers are looking for in a paper helps us write and structure papers more clearly. Yet, skillful writing sometimes seems ephemeral to us when trying to structure our research ideas around what we perceive as the CHI community’s demands. I am excited to be teaching this course again as we have a unique chance for sharing knowledge around creating successful CHI papers.
Course Schedule (EST timezone)
- 11:00-12:00 Unit 1: Structure and Style, Miro board
- 12:00-12:30 BLinner Break with Video
- 12:30-14:00 Unit 2: Abstract and Intro Exercise
- 14:00-14:30 Coffee Chat
- 14:30-15:30 Unit 3: Fundamental Discussion
- 15:30-16:00 Coffee Chat
- 16:00-17:00 Unit 4: Bullet Pointing to Polish Exercise
Get access to the extended online course ‘How to Write Better Research Papers’ based on this CHI course.